Call us: +385 51 232 016

Porozina

Porozina 4

 

 

Porozina is an old village and a new weekend resort, built in the last 20 years and it is located at the westernmost cape of the island of Cres. Porozina is also a ferry port leading to the Istrian peninsula.
The resort is located in a bay on the north side of the island. The bay is protected from all winds, and it has always been the only appropriate place for docking.
Jadrolinija`s ferries line number 334 are sailing from the port Porozina: Brest (Istria) -Porozina (the island of Cres). A one-way journey takes about 25 minutes.

There was a lighthouse on a hill above the harbour in ancient times by which the site was named (Pharuminsulae).

Ruins of a Franciscan monastery of St. Nicholas and the gothic church from the 15th century are today on this place.  Monastery belonged to the third order Franciscan Glagolitics, who managed to preserve Slavonic language in ecclesiastical use until 13th century. The Church has often been robed, and almost burned in the 16th century. The church is well preserved, and there are also Glagolitic inscriptions, while the monastery buildings were abandoned in 1843 and they were partially destroyed. The remains of the walls show characteristics of the Renaissance architecture.

 

 

Contact

Open:

March-May from 9 till 15 /closed Sundays/
June - September from 9 till 19 every day

Address:

Puntarka nova d.o.o.
Nikole Tesle 17
HR - 51550 Mali Lošinj

Tax code:

HR90627068602

ID code:

HR-B-51-040164898

Phone:

+385 51 232 016

E-mail:

puntarka@ri.t-com.hr