Call us: +385 51 232 016

Worth to see

Veli Lošinj - Crkva


The parish church of St. Anthony the Hermit, originally built in 1480, in its present-day baroque
form since 1774. Numerous works of art and the organ by Callido, a Madonna with Child and
Saints, relics of St. Gregory.
The Tower dating from 1445. It was built to defend the harbour from pirate attacks. The image of
the Tower is the motif of Veli Lošinj’s coat-of-arms. Today the Tower houses museum and gallery
rooms, open to visitors.
The church of Our Lady of Angels, built in 1510, transformed into a real art gallery by captains’
donations.
The forest park "Podjavori” the former winter residence of the Hapsburg Archduke Charles
Stephen, now a famous sanatorium.
Rovenska - the breakwater from 1856, built to protect the harbour from stormy gusts of bora. The
foundation stone was laid by the Hapsburg Archduke Maximilian.
The church of St. Nicholas (St. Anna) from the 15th century, located on the site where the
beginnings of Veli Lošinj’s history can be traced to.
The church of St. John, after whom the hill was named, with a panoramic view of Veli and Mali
Lošinj and a hiking trail to the southernmost part of the island of Lošinj.
Lošinj’s Marine Education Centre - where you can find out more about the Lošinj undersea
world and the colony of dolphins found in this area from multimedia and interactive projections,
exhibitions and lectures..
www.plavi-svijet.org
Ultramarin - a creative arts workshop run by Nena Nosalj Peršić who makes decorative objects
from washed-ashore wood and ceramics..
www.ultramarin-art.hr

 

Contact

Open:

March-May from 9 till 15 /closed Sundays/
June - September from 9 till 19 every day

Address:

Puntarka nova d.o.o.
Nikole Tesle 17
HR - 51550 Mali Lošinj

Tax code:

HR90627068602

ID code:

HR-B-51-040164898

Phone:

+385 51 232 016

E-mail:

puntarka@ri.t-com.hr